One pan meals are where it's at! Main reason being less dishes. That's one of the worst parts about cooking most of your meals from scratch is having to do loads of dishes afterwords. I like to plan these one pan meals the night before and have the ingredients chopped and ready to go so when I start dinner, all I have to do it put the ingredients on the pan.
Recipe Health benefits:
Salmon also provides important amounts of the antioxidant amino acid taurine. Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium. It is a good source of niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus and vitamin B6.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus.
Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
One Pan Salmon Sweet Potato Bake
- 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 4-6 salmon fillets (About 1 1/2 lb)
- about 3 tbsp of olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 large sweet potato
Roast the Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash, dry and halve sweet potatoes. Spread out evenly in baking sheet. Coat generously with olive oil, toss in half the sea salt, and mix. Once well coated, arrange the potatoes cut-side down.
- Roast potatoes until cooked and beginning to crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
Add the Asparagus and Salmon
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully move potatoes onto one side of the baking sheet.
Next to the potatoes, place asparagus and salmon, skin-side down. Drizzle olive oil on to both and add more to the potatoes if needed. Sprinkle salmon and asparagus with the remaining truffle salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Return to the oven to bake for 10 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is bright green.
Top with Lemon Juice and Serve
- Once everything is cooked, remove pan from oven and top with the remaining juice of half a lemon. Cut up the other half of the lemon into wedges and serve as a garnish.