If you’ve got a sweet tooth but don’t want to feel guilty indulging, then these muffins are for you! These Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are moist and fluffy, plus they’re nut-free! I make a big batch of these and they never last, you'd never know they were grain, soy, nut, gluten and dairy free! To make these extra chocolatey you can add 1/2 cup allergy free chocolate chips, yum yum. Enjoy.
Grain Free Nut Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed or pumpkin seed butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup high-quality raw cocao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners
- Add sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla to the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on medium speed until well combined. Slowly add in eggs, one at a time; beat again for one minute until batter is smooth and creamy. Pour in coconut milk and mix on low speed until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Grate 1/2 cup zucchini andthen wrap the paper towel around the zucchini and give it a light squeeze to remove excess moisture and fold it into the batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs attached. Cool for 5 minutes then immediately transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.