I found myself missing a warm delicious grilled cheese sandwich and threw together this veggie packed grain free, dairy free grilled "cheese". Using cauliflower as a grain replacement is all the rage right now and rightfully so! Its neutral flavour and yummy crunch make it the perfect alternative. Using avocado in place of cheese works because it shares the same creamy taste.
Cauliflower Avocado Grilled "Cheese" (Grain & Dairy Free)
Makes 2 sandwiches
"Cauli" Rice Recipe
1 med sized cauliflower
Pinch or salt and pepper
1 clove of garlic
1. Pulse cauliflower in food processor until about the size of the rice
2. Place in cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and add 3-4 tbsp of water
3. Cover with a plate and microwave for 3 minutes
4. Lay a cloth down and layer a few layers of paper towel down and add the cauliflower to the middle and wring over the sink until you can no longer squeeze out any water.
1. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Add cauliflower rice into a medium sized bowl and stir in one egg, salt, pepper and one clove of garlic minced.
2. Place cauliflower onto large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scoop a few tablespoons of the cauli rice mixture on parchment paper into square "bread" slices about 1/2 inch thick.
3. Bake for 15-18 min
3. While the cauliflower bread is cooking make the avocado filling.
1 whole avocado halved seeded and peeled
1/2 cup spinach
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp water
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth
2. Take out the cauli bread when cooked take out of the oven. Now you are ready to assemble your sandwiches.
3. On two of the cauli breads spread on a few tsp of avocado mixture.
4. Using a flipper carefully flip the cauli bread without the avocado mixture onto the one with the avocado mixture to make a sandwich.
5. Put back in the oven for around 5 minutes.
6. Remove and enjoy!
Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes.
Want a free gluten, grain, dairy and allergy free recipe book? Click here to download!