This is a perfect treat for any special occasion, whether it's a birthday, anniversary or a Friday (did I say that!?). They're gluten free, grain free, dairy free, soy free, nut free and refined sugar free. The muffins do contain eggs, but other then that they're free of all allergens. I love cinnamon, the warm spice mixed with sweet maple sugar makes these muffins irresistible!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs (preferably brought to room temperature)
- ½ cup maple syrup, or honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, warmed until melted (or vegetable oil of choice)
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk of choice milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until blended. Whisk in the eggs, syrup, oil, milk, cinnamon and vanilla until completely blended and smooth.
- Divide the batter equally among the prepared muffin cups.
- Mix together ½ tsp of cinnamon and the 2 tbsp coconut sugar and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30- 35 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer baking tin to wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the muffins from the tin and place on wire rack; cool completely.