I've been trying out different flavours of pancakes lately and this apple cinnamon recipe was so good I had to share it! I've always had trouble with pancakes, they either stick to the pan, I flip them to soon or not soon enough. The tricks i've learned are to cook them small so they're easier to flip and wait until there are little bubbles on top of the pancake that pop before flipping. I have tried making these egg free but they just don't work out. So if anyone has a good recipe or tip leave it below!
One of the best things about these apple cinnamon pancakes is the smell when you're cooking them! The whole house ends up smelling like you're baking an apple pie. I love topping them with berries and coconut whipped cream if i'm feeling fancy that day.
Grain Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Makes 8-10 3 inch pancakes
2 bananas, peeled
3 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tbsp apple sauce or grated apple
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1-2 tablespoons honey
1. Place bananas in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Then crack eggs into food processor and mix together.
3. Add the apple sauce, cinnamon, coconut flour, salt, vanilla and honey to the food processor.
4. Now heat up a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once skillet is hot, pour around 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into skillet. I made each pancake about 3 inches, and that was perfect for flipping.
5. Wait until each pancake begins to form bubbles on the surface, then flip. If you keep the pancakes smaller, the will cook more evenly and flip perfectly.
6. Serve immediately with maple syrup and berries.